Amateur Radio License Exams for Technician, General and Extra will be given Saturday
There will be only one Amateur Radio exam sessions on Saturday, December 10,
2016. 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
YOU MUST BE IN ROOM NO LATER THAN 1:15 P.M. TO TAKE ANY EXAM.
Saturday: Walk Ins Accepted
You are required to provide either your FRN or Social Security Number on the 605 and Exam answer sheets. Visit the ARRL or FCC for additional information and FAQ's. As an option you may also file for a FRN number before taking your first Amateur Radio exam.
Test sessions will be done by examiners affiliated with the ARRL-VEC.
ON EXAM DAY BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. A legal photo ID (driverís license, passport).
2. When no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must be presented:
a. non-photo ID/driver's license (some states still have them)
b. birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c. social security card
d. library card
e. utility bill, bank statement or other
business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed
to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
3. Students may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor's work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
4. Bring your Social Security Number (SSN) or your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN). VECís are required by the FCC to
submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form. If you prefer not to give your SSN at the exam session, then
you may register your SSN with the FCC before exam day. Once you have a FCC issued FRN, you may no longer use your SSN on the
application. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC's FAQ page and the
FCC's registration instructions page.
5. If applicable, bring the original and a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license and any
Certificates of Successful Completion
of Examination (CSCE are valid for 365 days ) you may hold from previous exam sessions. The photocopy's will not be returned.
(NO COPY MACHINE is available at the hamfest)
6. Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
7. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed. You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam
session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or
turned off during the exam session and the phones' calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids,
devices and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used.
8. The current exam session fee (s) is $15.00 cash preferred.
For Special Accommodations please contact Tony N2MFT, 813-318-1700, or email@example.com two (2) weeks prior to exam so all materials for your test are available.
FREE online practice exams
The Amateur Radio community has a long tradition of supporting licensing and education of new Amateurs or hams. The following exam
practice aids have been developed by hams to support that effort and are shared freely with prospective licensees--like you!--and with other hams
who want to upgrade to a license with more privileges. Check them out to find out which ones will be most useful to you!
Although we make every effort in making sure all information is accurate, we can not be held responsible for typographical errors.
This page was last edited on